Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Stationery Boutiques - GREER of Chicago

I love love love visiting stationery boutiques when I travel! Last week, my husband and I were in Chicago, and I did a little research in hopes to find a fabulous local stationery shop. I was thrilled when I discovered GREER at 1657 N. Wells Street - what an amazing, charming, and cozy little store! I could have spent hours in there admiring the displays and well-designed papers.

My favorite thing about GREER was the sheer love for paper, design, creativity, and correspondence that was so evident in every part of the shop. I purchased a couple of greeting cards, and noticed that the label on my bag had a saying (which is the tag line for the shop) "Civility is not a sign of weakness." I so appreciate this! Sending hand-written notes and custom printed invitations as an act of being thoughtful and hospitable is so very civil and noble - not a weakness!

The founder of the store, Chandra Greer, is quoted on her website saying "I founded Greer because I wanted to create a place whose purpose was solely, always, 100%, steadfastly, positive - a place devoted to good feelings, intelligent thought and the celebration of beauty." Well done, Chandra! You've definitely achieved this and more. I'm in love with your boutique and wish to visit again someday!

GREER of Chicago
(photo from orangebeautiful.com)

GREER's Bag Label and Greeting Card by Rifle Paper Company

2 comments:

  1. What a neat store - worth the walk. You should email her your blog entry address. And maybe see if they need any items from Beth Hart Designs. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I loved spending time in this store - you would like it too! Maybe one day she'll discover my products and carry them! Gotta get that wholesale line in good shape first!

    ReplyDelete