Monday, October 15, 2012

Monday Motivation - Growth

Happy Monday! Well, 'Tis the season... I've got a busy week ahead full of designing, fulfilling customer orders, working on Christmas cards, new merchandise printing for my Christmas shows, and so much more! I love this time of the year because I have the joy of designing many new things and interacting with so many wonderful people!

Although I have a lot going on, I really try my best to maintain perspective. I can easily get wrapped up in the busy-ness of each day, but I truly desire to be intentional... intentional in my relationships with my husband, family & friends, intentional in taking each day as a gift from above, intentional in paying attention to the beauty around me, intentional in remembering those who are hurting or going through hard times, and intentional in my personal and professional growth.

I think it's so important for us to always aim for growth. We become better family members, friends, professionals, and children of the Father when we are constantly and consistently trying to grow. I found the following quotation from Ralph Waldo Emerson, and I'm trying my best to take it to heart. Sometimes it's easier to set life on cruise-control and just get through it - especially during this busy season. But I have so many ways I want to grow both personally and professionally. There are some really exciting endeavors ahead for me and for Beth Hart Designs... but to make these things happen, I must push myself to do something {lots of things} beyond what I've already accomplished and mastered. I challenge you to grow by trying something new, something even a little scary - but something that you know will make you better!




1 comment:

  1. Such good advice for people in all stages of life - even someone considering retirement, and the "next steps." You know I want all good things to come your way in your upcoming excitig endeavors. Thanks for a good message and a great design!

    ReplyDelete