Monday, September 17, 2012

Monday Motivation - Uplifting People

Good Monday Morning! I need a little extra motivation today... it's a dreary, rainy morning, and I'm worn out from a fun but very busy weekend! Friday night, my husband and I attended the Homecoming tailgate and football game for my 10 year high school reunion. It was so nice seeing some old familiar faces and catching up with everyone! It's funny how much some things change, but how some things remain the same. I'm thankful to have these people in my life... all of them have contributed in one way or another to my personal growth throughout the years.

A few of us girls from the Class of 2002
Saturday, we traveled to Oxford, Mississippi to see our Ole Miss Rebels take on the Texas Longhorns. It was a game that has been built up for several years now, and the atmosphere was electric! The Grove was busy with excitement, anticipation, school spirit, and of course the tailgating that has made it famous. Although Ole Miss lost the game (after putting forth a good effort), it was fun to be in the midst of the fall football fun! I also loved visiting with my brother whose birthday was yesterday... Happy Birthday, Mark!

My husband and me in the Grove - Yes, I love bringing paper to the Grove! (Homemade banner behind us)
Sunday was topped off with a little relaxation with my parents at Pickwick Lake and coming home to our church's Community Group meeting. I really love our Community Group and the relationships we've established with those friends. They are tremendous blessings to my husband and me, and I wish for everyone in the world to be able to find a group like that with which to "grow up" and experience life. I'm so very thankful for these friends!



This morning as I reflect on the busy weekend with friends & family and look forward to working on my {long} to-do list for the week, I'm reminded that I can be successful because of the amazing people around me. My friends & family are as much a part of my achievements as my hard work and determination. I want to inspire and encourage them in the same way they support me. I'm incredibly blessed, and I urge you to find people around you who will bring out the very best in you! I hope you have a productive and successful week!


2 comments: