Thursday, January 3, 2013

A New Year and New Beginnings

Happy New Year! I can hardly believe that 2012 is over, but I'm so excited about the possibilities that 2013 holds! I was so very blessed in 2012... it was my first full year being self-employed with Beth Hart Designs. And I have you to thank for making that happen so successfully. I really and truly appreciate your business and your support so much.

I have lots of new ideas and am setting pretty big goals for this new year. I know that some hard work will be involved, but my batteries have been recharged and my creative mind is running full speed ahead. It's amazing what a little down time can do! I hope you were able to relax and recharge over the holidays so that you too can accomplish great things in 2013.

While I plan to share my ideas and goals with you along the way, this post is more about inspiration and motivation to make the most of this brand new year. One thing I know with all my heart is that I'm doing what I love and what I feel called to do. I know that design and inspiring others are my passions, and while I always feel that there is room for improvement, I am certain that I'm working in a career that's perfect for me.

Of course, there is more to life than just our careers. I think we all have the dream to fulfill a higher calling - strive towards something greater than ourselves. My personal goals for 2013 include the desire to simplify (get rid of all the physical and mental clutter) so that I can focus on what really matters. I hope that by defining what's most important, I can live a more purposeful life that brings glory to the One who matters most.

This brings me to Les Miserables. The musical has meant so much to me for as long as I can remember. My mom and I would sing along to the soundtrack when I was young, and I've been fortunate to see the live performance twice. The release of the movie this Christmas was a dream come true (I've seen it twice with my mom as well). Hats off to Hugh Jackman and Anne Hathaway for their most amazing performances. Les Mis is a compelling story of grace, dreams, love, mercy, passion, forgiveness, redemption, new beginnings, and fighting for what you believe in - answering to a higher calling. Not only is the story amazing and applicable to real life in so many ways, but it's set to the most beautiful music I know. If you are not familiar with the story, I encourage you to read about it so that you can appreciate the music that much more when you see the film.

I've always been moved (often to tears) by the music of Les Mis, but with the dawning of a new day and a new year, these songs have inspired me even more so:
To make the most of new beginnings and second chances...
To show grace, forgiveness, mercy and passion...
To love others unconditionally....
To fight for what I believe in...
To dream a dream...
To answer to a higher calling.

And so I encourage you to shoot for the Stars (in their multitude) and Dream the Dream with a Heart Full of Love in 2013. Define what matters most and make that your focus in this new year. We have a clean slate and a fresh start to become who we want to be and to make incredible things happen. Cheers to you! And Cheers to 2013!

Here is a print design with one of my favorite lines from Do You Hear the People Sing - it's about answering to a higher calling and the new life that can begin when your dreams, passions, desires and purpose are in rhythm.


1 comment:

  1. so beautiful - gives me shivers and stirs my soul! And I can't wait to see what 2013 brings your way! May each day be the day to "discover what our God in heaven has in store!"

    ReplyDelete