Monday, January 7, 2013

Monday Motivation - Get Going!

Well I don't know about you, but I've had a hard time shifting from "holiday mode" to "get things done mode." With New Year's Day falling on a Tuesday, I just wasn't motivated to initiate my resolutions mid-week. Sure I was working and getting (a few) things accomplished, but now it's time to get in gear! I have so many ambitions, goals and good habits to form... so with the start of a new week in this new year, I plan to Get Going!

I have big ideas and goals for my business, and I have numerous personal resolutions for 2013. Like many people, one of my personal resolutions is to live a healthier life. Last year, I lost about 25 pounds by eating better and exercising, but as the year came to a close, the weather got colder, the food got heavier, and business got busier, I lost the ambition to keep up with a healthy lifestyle. In return, I put on a few of the pounds I had worked so hard to lose.

I've struggled with my weight for most of my life - you could say it's been a roller coaster ride for me. One day I may share a more personal side of this story, but for now we'll leave it at that! I do know for sure that when I'm eating better and exercising, I have much more confidence, higher self-esteem, and tons of motivation to accomplish great things! A healthy lifestyle allows me to become a better person which (I hope) positively affects those around me.

So today is the day that my husband and I Get Going on our healthier lifestyle. We are holding each other accountable - to stay on track with eating better and exercising as much as we can - whether it be going for a walk, a run, or a bike ride. I'm sure there will be days when we fall off the wagon and won't feel like committing to this lifestyle, but we know it's what's best for us.

So I encourage you to Get Going on your 2013 goals and resolutions. And if you're wanting to implement a healthier lifestyle like me, this print design is for you! I'm thinking I'll hang a few copies of this around my house for motivation!


1 comment: