Monday, August 27, 2012

Monday Motivation - The Lumineers

Happy Monday! It's time to get motivated for a productive week! My husband and I love music... especially live music. And living in Nashville is kind of perfect for us! This town is showered with talented musicians offering live performances every single night of the week. Last Tuesday night, we went to the Cannery Ballroom to see The Lumineers. It was an amazing show... I highly recommend seeing them live! One of their songs, "Stubborn Love" is the inspiration for today's Monday Motivation.

I was talking with a fellow entrepreneur last week about how hard it is as a business owner to put yourself "out there" day after day. For me, Beth Hart Designs is a representation of me, my values, and my passions (and I'm working on making it even more that way). So when things don't always go as planned, it can be pretty painful. I hate to "fall short," and although I know that great things are in store for me, the journey can be difficult at times. But this line from "Stubborn Love" reminds us that feeling pain is better than feeling nothing at all. And I totally agree... if we don't feel pain, that means we're not living life to the fullest. Because if we're honest, life is painful sometimes, but at least we're living which means we have the opportunity to make amazing things happen!

The words "The opposite of Love's indifference" also ring true to life and work. If we're not loving what we do or passionate about life, we become "indifferent" which is so far from what I wish to be. I want to live each day with enthusiasm and passion and to be able to spread that passion to others. So I encourage you to put yourself "out there" and work hard to be the best you can... even if it's painful. Because those "growing pains" can be the fuel to your fire which will make you stronger, wiser, more successful and more passionate in everything you do!


Here are a few photos from the concert...


The Lumineers with Old Crow Medicine Show

1 comment:

  1. You are right - it IS hard to put yourself and your talents and your beliefs "out there." But you are doing an amazing job of just that!

    ReplyDelete