Monday, August 6, 2012

Monday Motivation - Pursue Righteousness and Love

Good morning! I hope your Monday is off to a great start! I've had a very busy past few days celebrating my husband's 30th birthday, helping some sweet friends move into a new home, celebrating another good friend's graduation, and honoring my great aunt and uncle's 70th wedding anniversary - yes, that's right... 70th wedding anniversary!

My Aunt Rosie and Uncle Larry are the most amazing and admirable people. They love each other, their family, their friends, and life with all of their hearts. They have set such a wonderful example for me with their devotion to God and to each other. They are my inspiration in so many ways. They live righteously with hearts full of love, and they serve God with thankfulness for all of His blessings. They are in their 90's but have such young spirits with sharp minds and healthy bodies. They are a perfect picture of what I desire for my husband and me as we grow older together.

I love these old photos... such treasures!

My sweet aunt and uncle are my inspiration for today's Monday Motivation. I think Proverbs 21:21 sums it up quite nicely. If we live righteously with loving hearts, we will experience life to the fullest. God is great and will bless us abundantly through our service to Him... just as He has blessed Aunt Rosie and Uncle Larry throughout their 70 years of marriage.





1 comment:

  1. So sweet and so true. My favorite line: "They live righteously with hearts full of love, and they serve God with thankfulness for all of His blessings." May we all be more like them.

    ReplyDelete