Wednesday, August 8, 2012

What's Happening Wednesday - A 30th Birthday Par-Tee!

Happy Wednesday! I wanted to take a little time to fill you in on what's been happening around here at Beth Hart Designs. My husband turned 30 yesterday, so I threw him a surprise birthday party last Friday night. We loved having our friends with us to celebrate, and I really enjoyed putting my design skills to use with a "golf par-tee" theme!

While doing some research on the internet one day, I came across a contest titled "Made in the South Awards" hosted by one of my favorite magazines, Garden & Gun. I thought to myself "Oh what the heck, I'll give it a shot!" So I called up my talented friend Molly of SimplyMPhotography to help me by taking some professional photos of the party products I'd made for my husband's birthday. She blew me away with the images she captured, and I was beyond thrilled to submit them for the contest! Whether or not I receive an award from Garden & Gun remains to be seen, but I'm so proud of the beautiful photos that Molly was able to give me! Here are a few of my favorites...


And now for the not so professional photos that I took at the party on Friday night... (I sure am glad I decided to go with paper design rather than take the photography route!)

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful design, fun party setup! How can you not win an award! Maybe for party planning...?

    ReplyDelete